Friday, 26 October 2012

My sister, my nailspiration

Hi!

Today I am going to share with you all, my sister (Sarah)! She still lives 'dahn sahf' while I have moved 'oop't'north' so I don't get to see her much. Because I hadn't seen her for a while, I decided to put her on my nails :D


These are one of the first designs I created using some fab acrylic paints (which I will include on a blog some time), so I know they aren't perfect but I love them and when I wear them a lovely clear polish will smooth over the brush strokes slightly (though to be honest, I like the brush strokes).

The first advice I read on using acrylic paints for nail art advised not to mix them with water and on this design I haven't. However after reading more amazing blogs, books and forums I saw a few people saying they could only use acrylics with water for their nail art. I have tried this in later designs and it does work much better so I always mix the colours with a little water now and they go on much more smoothly. 

So if you're missing someone, why not try putting their face on your nails! I'd love to see them :)

See you all soon, in the meantime Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

P.s I've added a Twitter follow button to the top of my blog so you can visit me there too!

5 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x