Sunday, 28 October 2012

New polish and a mani/pedi

Afternoon all,

I have had a fab day today, I did my mani/pedi this morning and then this afternoon my dad took me shopping and I bought myself 19 new nail polishes which were on sale (ASDA £1 each!).

First my manicure. I used black nails for this (lazy I know, but I will redo this mani soon using black crackle/matte/glitter or mock croc). I used gold studs (eBay find) and a lovely gold glitter polish (Bodycare find) on alternate nails. To apply the studs I used a thin layer of nail glue over each nail, then I used a wax pencil to pick up the studs and apply in different patterns. I have tried using other things to pick up studs/gems/diamante's etc but nothing works as well as the wax pencil and they are easy to find on eBay, in chemists and at nail suppliers. They are also very cheap, I got two for 99p. After giving the studs a minute or two to set on the glue, I used Rimmel 60 second clear top coat to seal them. I love how this mani turned out and have ordered the studs in all the other colours, I have loads of ideas how to use them!


Secondly I did my pedi. I applied one coat of Avon nail experts as a base, I find it keeps my nails strong and base coats prevent staining and make removing polish MUCH easier. I then used two coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry (430 Brisk Blue) and finished my pedi using the Rimmel 60 second top coat. I love this Sally Hansen polish, it makes my nails look like Smarties (when they were good and used the dyes that send kids, and their parents, loopy).



After spending the morning pampering myself, my dad took me shopping and I bought these great polishes. I have used some before and they go on well and come in so many colours I just buy as many as I can to use in various designs. Left to right we have; 44 deceit, 84 boomerang, 87 cackle, 67 werewolf, 74 love rat, 17 sunset orange, 56 swoosh, 53 shock, 40 confusion, 76 berry smoothie, 18 prin pink, 31 groove, 33 sherbet fizz, 66 no excuses, 71 boom, 08 blue lagoon, 09 cloudless sky, 65 meteorite and 70 shipwrecked.


I have also taken a picture of them laying down so you can see the size of the bottles clearer.

I will review these polishes one by one as I use them but I definitely recommend getting some to try out, especially for £1!

I will be back soon with more mani's, In the meantime why not go and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

4 comments:

  1. You do have some serious skills in mani-pedi! I love the nail art and design. But I like the shade that you used for your toes! It reminds me of candies and summer. Must use that shade soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is a gorgeous shade isn't it, I love it :)

      Delete
  2. It is definitely a lovely shade, Tara! Having that shade would encourage me to wear my open-toe sandals and flip-flops! Gotta flaunt those toenails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) it's definitely perfect for summer pedis!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x