Monday, 5 November 2012

Summer vs Winter

Morning all!

This blog post comes to you from a very happy Tara. My nail room is fixed (or should that be talon room?). The ceiling had been leaking and getting all my stuff wet, but now my fiancé and his brother have fixed it! I could not be more grateful to them! So now, I can spend the evening trying out all my new polishes :) reviews coming soon!

Today I have two sets of nails to show you, Summer food and Winter food. 

The first nails are probably the messiest mani I've ever created. I used red nails, caulk (the bathroom sealant) and fimo strawberry slices.


First I blobbed caulk (you can't really do anything but blob it) onto the tip of the nail. I used a cuticle/orangewood stick to press it into place. As I pressed it into place, I used the stick to push some of the caulk down and pull some of it up, this made it look more like cream. Once the caulk dried, I applied two layers of topcoat.


When the topcoat had dried, I used nail glue to stick on the fimo strawberry slices. I used another layer of topcoat to secure everything. These nails would be perfect for picnic days, or when the tennis is on.


The second mani is typical winter food, gingerbread men! For these I used white nails, a pink nail art pen and gingerbread men from a dolls house supplier.


I used a bright pink nail art pen to draw wiggly lines down each nail. I applied one coat of topcoat to seal when dry.


I then used nail glue, to stick the gingerbread men on and applied two layers of topcoat. This mani is perfect for winter!


Thanks for reading! Don't forget to make your Monday better and Get Nailed :)

Tara x

6 comments:

  1. I love the strawberries and cream nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) they were so messy to make, but worth it!

      Delete
  2. amazing how you can make something so pretty out of something from a DIY shop! :o)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks bruv :) cute aren't they? I wonder what else I can find in B&Q for nail art..... x

      Delete
  3. coucou :) trop mignon petit pain d'épice ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup, je suis contente que tu les aime :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x