Friday, 2 November 2012

Super dee-duper mani

Morning!

Again I would like to quickly thank everyone who has, and is, reading my blog and leaving me messages here, on twitter, facebook and various forums.

Todays mani is a Barney the dinosaur inspired design (the title of todays post is also Barney inspired, he often says super dee-duper).


I removed my Halloween mani by soaking the nail enhancements off with acetone (pulling, peeling, picking them off etc can really damage the nails). I then gave myself a full manicure; shape and buff, hand massage, cuticle cream, cuticle work and cuticle oil. I then left my nails bare (sob!) for a few hours before doing the fresh nail enhancements. I do this to let my nails breathe and also to allow the creams and/or oils I use soak in.

The nails I applied are a lovely purple colour (eBay bargain, I ordered about 22 different colours) as soon as I saw them, I thought Barney! I used bright green, sunshine yellow and pure white nail art pens to do the dots down one side of the nail and along the bottom. I did all the green dots, allowed them to dry, then the white and again allowed to dry, I then finished with the yellow dots.


I am hoping to create designs for all of my favourite childhood TV shows, that's why I am watching 'saved by the bell' as I write my blog, research ;)

Thanks for reading, I hope all you lovely peeps Get Nailed and have a fabulous Friday! :)

Tara x

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty!
    Love the idea of saved by the bell as well! That show was awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      It's definitely one of my favourite shows!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see Saved by the Bell nails!! These are lovely too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hahaha definitely! and Sabrina the teenage witch nails! x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x