Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Colour me two ways

Morning! Can you believe it's only two weeks until Christmas! I am so, so excited :D

I did my little sisters nails the other day and she chose a mad mani, TEN different colours! We decided to use five different really bright colours on one hand and the replicate it in more muted colours on the other hand.


On her first hand we used; Calvin Klein bombshell, three unnamed Cynthia Rowley polishes in blue, pinky/purple and blue and a Barry M gelly in satsuma.


For the more muted colours we used; models own in raspberry crush, three nails inc polishes in Sheraton Street, Grosvenor Crescent and Northumberland Avenue and lastly Calvin Klein in crushed rose.


These are the bright colours starting with Barry M gelly on her thumb and ending with Calvin Klein in bombshell. The Cynthia Rowley polishes in the middle are pictured with topcoat as they dry matte.


These are the more muted colours starting with models own in raspberry crush and ending with Calvin Klein in crushed rose. As you can see although it is a pink colour it is quite orange, so it works as an opposite to the Barry M in satsuma.


I think this mani is so cool and love that my little sis lets me do crazy things with her nails!


Get Nailed in more than one way ;)

Tara x

12 comments:

  1. These nails rock!!! I love the colors used and I find them really cool. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara!
    Oh I love it. I have indecisive days where I don't know what color to wear so I end up with a different color on each nail. All these colors go so well together. I did a mix and match look like this on one of my friends. I've pictures of them on my 'nothing but nails' page on my blog, right at the end if you'd like to have a look. The bright green is my favorite. Definitely stands out so much. Don't know if I could wear it on all the nails but definitely as an accent color..

    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah :) thank you! I love that look with all different colours or different shades of the same colour. The green is VERY bright, it'd certainly attract a lot of attention if all the nails were that colour! haha. I'll have a look at the pics on your blog now! x

      Delete
  3. this is awesome! all the colors really compliment each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is really most adorable! I always see new and fresh things*

    http://channichic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. multi coloured hands are so happy and fun! gotta do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! You can only be happy when you have such colourful nails! :-D

      Delete
  6. NO Tara, I cannot believe it's now LESS THAN 2 WEEKS til Christmas!! Where did the year go!! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog HERE. Lovin' the mulit coloured nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's come around so soon! Thank you :) and thank you for the award nomination :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x