Tuesday, 4 December 2012

I was nominated for The Liebster Award!

Morning!

Today's post is going to be a little different, because the lovely Dana at Nail Design Junkie has nominated me for The Liebster Award! When she tweeted me to tell me, I was so excited to be taking part :) thanks Dana! 

If you haven't heard of this before, The Liebster Award helps new bloggers, with less than 200 followers to be discovered. How fab is that?

The rules are; You post 11 random facts about yourself, then you answer 11 questions the person who nominated you has asked, you then ask 11 questions and link 11 blogs with less than 200 followers (not including the blogger who nominated you).

So first, 11 random facts about me  :D
  1. I spend far too much money importing food, sweets and drinks from America
  2. I love Mickey and Minnie Mouse LOTS
  3. I want to be besties with Leighton Denny haha! His nail polish is fab and he look like he's fun
  4. I can't sing, I do it all the time but it mainly just scares any cats near the house, rather than attracting admiring listeners
  5. I have three sisters, one older and two younger. They're all funny and weird but I love them all (for short amounts of time :D)
  6. I grew up in London and now live in the North East
  7. I LOVE penguins 
  8. I really want to go to Paris, New York, Boston and Ireland
  9. I am watching my wife and kids and eating pick'n'mix while I write this blog post
  10. I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was 19
  11. I am obsessed with nails, nail polish and nail art. I can't wait to pass my courses to become a qualified nail technician!
Now the 11 questions Dana has asked me

Do you have a nickname? If so what is it?
I have a few but the most common ones are Taz or Tiara 

What is the farthest you've travelled from your home?
To Spain, which isn't far enough! As I mentioned above I want to visit lots of places :)

If you could be any animal, which one would you be?
A bear, so I could hibernate in Winter

What is your favourite brand and colour of polish?
There's so many to choose from, but at the moment it's probably 'glammed out garnet' by 
Leighton Denny. It's so sparkly!

What is the last movie you saw?
Employee of the month :-/ haha! So shameful but I love it :)

Grab the nearest book, turn to page 32, line 3.  What does it say?
'us. I swear to the living God, you will know how this feels' The book is 'did you miss me?' by Karen Rose (it's really good!)

What is your favourite food?
Pizza!

What is your occupation, & is that what you always wanted to be?
I'm a future nail tech ;) What I wanted to be changed very often, but nails has been my one constant

What is your favourite shirt?
A cute bright red one, with Minnie Mouse on the front

What inspires you?
All the amazing nails I see. Especially when a nail artist has done them for charity and they have clearly gone out of their way to come up with something new and specific to their client.

Who is your favourite Actor/Actress? 
I have so many it's hard to choose! I'd probably say my favourite actor is Ronnie Barker or David Jason, because they portray their characters so well. You never think about previous characters they have played, while watching them in something else. My favourite actress os Angela Lansbury for the same reason.
Next, the 11 questions for my nominees 
  1. Where did you grow up?
  2. What is the best thing about where you grew up?
  3. If you could only use one range of polishes for a whole year, which brand would you choose?
  4. What is your party trick?
  5. Why do you blog?
  6. What is your favourite animal?
  7. If you had to live in another country, where would you choose?
  8. What blog is your favourite/gives you the most inspiration?
  9. What three famous/well known people (living or dead) would you invite to a dinner party and why?
  10. How did you get interested in nails?
  11. What is your favourite TV programme?
And finally my nominees are.......


Thanks for reading and don't forget to Get Nailed today :)

Tara x

P.S you still have a few days to enter my giveaway, just click here!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you for nominating me! I mightg save this up for a later date, because I've done this a few times already recently, but thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x