Thursday, 6 December 2012

Style your talons with spikes

Morning!

Are you all surrounded by snow? I am, it's like living inside a snow globe! Completely going against the Christmassy/snowy theme, I have some seriously scary spiked nails to show you today.

I used dark red nails for this mani.


I used nail glue, a wax pencil and gold metal spikes.


Each nail on one hand has the spikes applied in different places. Each design is replicated on the nails for the other hand.


I tried picking these spikes up with my fingers, my tweezers and a wax pencil and the wax pencil works best. Flatten the tip of the pencil on a piece of paper, then push it onto the pointy part of the spike.


There's no topcoat on these nails.


They do stick out from the nail quite a lot!


Luckily the points are not too sharp.


I got these spikes in silver too, I'll try those on black nails soon!


I think next time I use these spikes, I'll do an accent nail COVERED in spikes! Scary but I'll still be able to put in my contact lenses :D


Get Nailed spikily! ;) (I know it looks like I spelt that wrong but it really is spikily and not spikeily like I first typed!)

P.S you have a couple of days to get in some entries to my giveaway! You can enter here, good luck!

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Good old eBay! They had silver and gold in stock :-)

      Delete
  2. I injure my boyfriend enough with the sharp corners of my nails, I don't think he'd be impressed if I wore these lol. They're certainly striking though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I can imagine the look of terror!

      Delete
  3. Hi Tara! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out this post to see what you have to do :) http://www.totally-nailed.com/2012/12/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is freaking awesome! LADY GAGA status!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I can't wait to get some leather effect polish cos that and studs would make some amazing Lady GaGa inspired talons! :D

      Delete
  5. That is super cool!!!!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster :)

    http://skeeterstyle.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and thank you for the nomination :)

      Delete
  6. The spikes are so cool, where did you get them? I'm always looking for fun ways to jazz up nails.
    Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah :) I got them from eBay, they have them in gold and silver, now I just need bronze ones! x

      Delete
  7. This is craaaazy, love it! I'm so into spikes and these are just too awesome:D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x