Friday, 21 December 2012

Traditional Christmas vs Glittery Christmas

Morning! I had a great day yesterday visiting my family (my big sister is up, yay!), shopping and eating a cake I baked. I also spent some time giving my little sisters Chrismassy manicures.

Xena (the youngest little sister) decided she wanted a traditional Christmas design and chose two great polishes; pin up (red) and date night (green) both by Barielle, to use on alternate nails. These polishes are fab, they go on really well and give a great solid colour -these pictures only show one coat!. When I went shopping, I picked up a few more polishes by Barielle, which I'm sure I'll blog about soon ;)


I used Calvin Klein clear polish as a base, it gives a really glossy finish and stops strong colours staining.


This is the red which is so pretty. It's really bright but with a shimmer running through it, perfect for Christmas!


This green is gorgeous and as emerald is THE colour for 2013, I'd definitely recommend getting your hands on a bottle!


Harley (the oldest little sister) decided she wanted something more glittery, so we used gold and silver foil effects by Barry M on alternating nails. We then used TEN different glitters over the top.


Sorry you can't see all the glitters too clearly, I couldn't get the lighting/flash balance right at my mums! You CAN see how sparkly her nails are though!


I love this design, we decided it looked like baubles :D


These are the glitters we used on her nails, lots of Barry M in this mani!


It's Christmas party season so make sure you Get Nailed :D

Tara x

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x