Tuesday, 15 January 2013

A denim endeavour

Hi! So, I read on Facebook yesterday that it snowed? Hahaha! I was freezing all day but it made my garden look pretty :) I hope you all had fun making snowmen but if you didn't get round to it, you can have a look at some snowman nail art here and here, you can also see some igloo polish here.

Today I've got my first attempt at denim nails to show you. For this design I used white nails (so that the white showed through a little) and a dark blue acrylic paint. I didn't topcoat this design because who wants shiny denim!


I used a big paint brush and covered the nail in thick blue paint. I then used some crumpled up kitchen roll to blot off lots of the paint. It's not perfect but I like the effect and I'll do this again (and in other colours) and add on some studs or spikes!


Get your denim on and Get Nailed :)

Tara x

6 comments:

  1. this looks exactly like denim! you should add some orangey stitching to look like jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the texture of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to do homemade denim look. I think Nails inc are bringing it out or have brought it out (cant remember), so this is a great way to do the texture by hand. Very nice. I did a post on Primark nail varnish so feel free to have a look and see what you think.
    Sarah
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah :) they're bringing it out soon I think, I can't wait to get it!

      I was just having a look at that post, I'll comment on it over on your blog :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x