Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Handmade texture

Morning! I spent yesterday coming up with loads of new designs and watching one of my favourite films 'Hitch'. I hope your start to the week was good!

You may remember this post, where I showed you a mani I did using embossing powder. Well yesterday I did the same thing but I used red nails and claret embossing powder because I needed a darker finish.


The embossing powder gives you loads of texture on the nails!


After applying glue to the nails and pressing embossing powder onto them (exactly the same as in the post I've linked above), I painted the nails purple with a Rimmel polish called violet metal. I only used one coat of polish because I wanted to change the colour of the embossing powder without dulling the texture.


I'm really pleased with these because I love textured nails and I'm really into purple polish at the moment.


I texted a picture of these to my friend yesterday and she sent me back a picture of 'can't let go' (which is one of OPI's new liquid sand polishes in the Mariah Carey collection) saying she thought it looked like that!


I also think I could get the same effect as this polish by using the embossing powder more sparsely!


I didn't topcoat this mani because the topcoat would fill out the texture and make it too smooth.


Use something handmade and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x