Friday, 18 January 2013

It just got flocking better!

Hi! Well it's  officially the weekend (well practically!), I hope you have something exciting planned :) It's my little sisters birthday today so I'm going to visit her and I'm going out tomorrow but then I might stay snuggled up with hot chocolate and look at the snow from in front of the fire :D 

Yesterday I showed you my first attempt at flock (if you missed it, you can see it here). Well I liked it so much, I decided to take the design up a notch and turn the flock nails into little chicks. This is the perfect Easter mani but I'm far too impatient to wait until then to have chick nails!


To do this design, I flocked the nails (I put how I did it step by step on yesterdays post). Then I used black nail polish (unnamed, by W7), an orange polish (orange creation, by Bourjois) and a nail art brush to paint on the details. 


I dotted on the black polish as eyes first. Then the beaks and the feet (flippers?).


I didn't topcoat the design, because obviously I don't want shiny chicks! but the flock will hold the polish well anyway.


Take your flocking up a notch and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

P.S I've just set up a Facebook page which you can 'like' to stay up to date with my new designs, news and details of my upcoming shop and products! Just click here :)

16 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x