Monday, 21 January 2013

Just another mani Monday

Morning! How was your weekend? I spent mine hiding from the snow and playing with nail polish :)

Today I have some cute nails to show you!

This first mani is just an easy, random design. Some people have said it looks like a certain little fish who gets lost, some people have said it reminds them of a little character from an energy advert...... I just like little things with big eyes so it's not actually meant to be any character, just a bright design where the focus is on the eyes!

I used orange nails (I was eating smarties at the time and the orange ones are my faves). I used acrylic paint and a dotting tool to dot on white for eyes. When they dried I put in smaller black dots. Don't forget to topcoat or the acrylic paint will scratch off really easily! 


I did two sets of these nails because honestly can you ever have too many bright orange nails with big cartoony eyes on them? NO! :D


These aliens are also easy to do. I used acrylic paints and a dotting tool but it can easily be recreated using nail art pens/brushes or cocktail sticks.

First I used the largest end of a dotting tool to do the whites of the eyes. When dry, I dotted in the pupils with the smallest end of the dotting tool. I also drew on the wiggly mouth with the small end of the dotting tool.


These little mushroom 'people' are inspired by some famous mushroom characters, from one of my favourite games :D I painted half the nail red, when it was dry, I used a light pink paint to draw spots over the red. I then dotted on some black eyes. Cute!


Next are cats (ok so they're not the best cats, but I think they're cute). I used nail art pens and dotted on the eyes, I dragged the polish up a bit to elongate the eyes and make them a bit more catty. I used a black nail art pen to dot on the nose and moved the polish down into two curved lines, for the nose and mouth. When that was dry, I used an off white nail art pen to draw on some whiskers.


Lastly we have simple happy faces! Black acrylic paint and a dotting tool is all it takes. Two black dots and a semi circle for the mouth. You can't be miserable with this mani!


Turn that frown upside down and Get Nailed :)

Tara x

4 comments:

  1. Aw, the little mushrooms are adorable! And my weekend was much the same as your's - hiding and nail painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I'm guessing a lot of people did that this weekend! It was so cold inside, I couldn't even think about venturing outside!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x