Friday, 4 January 2013

Leather me up!

Morning :) Happy Friday!

For Christmas I got the new Nails Inc leather effect polish 'leather and skulls' in black (Noho). In the box you get the polish (with a leather effect cap!) skulls and glue to apply them! You can reuse the skulls as well, just remove the polish with acetone and the glue will also be removed, then just clean the skulls up and you can reuse them.

As this is the first time I've tried this polish, I haven't used the skulls as they are very blingy and stand out a lot and I didn't want to detract from this fab polish. I've also made some of my pictures larger than usual so you can see the effect better. 

After one coat of this polish you can see the leather effect starting to show but after two coats it's really outstanding! Even my fiancé commented how great this looks!


It's advised not to use topcoat with the leather polish because it dulls the texture but obviously leather isn't shiny anyway! So I've used the polish by itself.


I think this polish is amazing and I've got so many design ideas using this effect! Thanks for this one nails inc :)


Put on some leather and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

14 comments:

  1. Wow! These look cool! Do you think you could stamp over it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think you could stamp but you'd have to do it with a good polish because you can't topcoat :)

      Delete
  2. that is GORGEOUS, I need that polish! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't have mine! ;) it's £19 in Selfridges x

      Delete
  3. That looks like a really nice polish xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely! I'll bring it with me and do your nails next time xx

      Delete
  4. Hi I just wanted to let you know I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can see it here :) http://justtalknails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So tempting..but I'm not sure I can justify £19!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is expensive but you do get the polish, 4 reusable blingy stars glue and an orangewood stick so it is quite good value. I'm sure another brand will come out with their own version soon though at a lower cost, like the ciate caviar manicure! You can get the whole set from Primark for £2 now! I hope other brand do start bringing out various textured polishes that are more affordable rather than ones I can only buy now and then or have to wait to get as Christmas pressies!

      Delete
  6. ahhh this is so cool! i'm imagining it on my fingers and it looks awesome :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got some more designs using this polish coming up soon!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks :) this is definitely my new favourite polish!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x