Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Matte glitter (matter? glatte?)

Hi :) Halfway through the week already and nearly February! I really need to start working on some more valentines themed nail art - bring on the hearts and glitter!

Talking of glitter, my new love is matte glitter! To do this I used a Barry M polish called 'amethyst glitter' and an unbranded matte top coat.


I used three coats of the Barry M glitter to get a solid coverage and one coat of the matte topcoat to get this effect.


I really love glitter and of course I love the sparkle of it but wearing it matte makes a great change and I think it looks fab!


I'll need to get a few more matte topcoats so I can try out all my glitter polishes with matte topcoat, purely for research purposes of course, I have to check if they all look this pretty ;)


I think using a glossy black or white polish and then doing colourful matte glitter would work really well too. I'll also have to try it out using a few different colour combos!


Take the shine off and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

6 comments:

  1. I love mattified glitter too, and this is a great example of why - I find the colours in Amethyst Glitter get lost somewhat because of how reflective and shiny they are - mattified, it really comes to life - great post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do get lost, especially in photos!

      Thank you :) x

      Delete
  2. I've never tried matting glitter. may have to try that sometime.. haven't played around with matte enough to really know how I feel about it. love that polish though!

    I nominated you for the Liebster award! congratulations :)
    http://samplesentaeyen.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-and-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love matte! Thank you :) and thank you so much for nominating me!

      Delete
  3. such a gorgeous dense glitter! matte glitter is a really nice look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is definitely one of my favourite glitters! There's anther one coming tomorrow though :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x