Sunday, 6 January 2013

Skull scratchers & an award nomination!

Morning! Are you all having a good weekend? I am, I got my new issue of  Scratch magazine and some nail art goodies in the post yesterday, also something really exciting which I'll be sharing with you next week!

On Friday I showed you Noho, the black leather effect polish by nails inc (if you missed it, you can see it here). Today I have the tan one to show you (Soho Mews)! Again I've made some of my pictures larger than usual to make the texture clearer. 


I applied two coats of this polish with no topcoat as it dulls the texture (and leather isn't glossy!).



For this design I used the blingy skulls you get with the polish (you get four but I only used two). I used the glue which was also provided and it's really strong, the skull stayed on when I tested it. You can reuse these skulls though, just remove the polish with acetone and the glue will also be removed leaving you with the skulls. 



The quality of this picture isn't great but I upped the flash to show you just how blingy the skulls are!



Here are the skulls up close, I hope nails inc start selling these separately cos they're really cute and I can imagine my friends and family will want them when I do their manicures!



Leather and bling always make you want to Get Nailed :)

Tara x

P.S I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Kerry at justtalknails (thank you Kerry!). For those of you who don't know about this award, it's for bloggers who have less than 200 followers to be recognised and help them to gain more followers.

The rules 

Post 11 random things about yourself
Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked
Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
Link your 11 nominees in your post
Inform your nominees
NO tag backs!

I have been nominated for a few award recently (which you can see here, here, here and here) and I don't want to inundate you with lot's of random facts about myself when really you just came here to look at nails ;) so I am going to answer Kerry's questions and ask you to please follow her fab blog and also check out the blogs of her nominees :) Thank you!

Kerry's questions

1. How many nail polish do you buy a month?
Erm..... it's probably gone as low as five but as high as 50

2. How big is your collection?
I thought it was around 400 but me and my sister worked it out properly and it's at least double that :-/

3. Do you collect anything?
Does lipgloss count? Haha! I don't really collect anything, I just shop for various things :)

4. What movie are you looking forward to for 2013?
Oh my god! Apparently they are making a new Sabrina the teenage with film!!!!! I am so excited! 

5. Any New Years resolutions?
No, I only break them!

6. Favourite meal?
At the moment it's pizza! 

7. What nail polish is next on your buy list?
I really want the Disney villains collection and the O.P.I Minnie Mouse collection

8. What is your favourite finish?
Matte!

9. What is your favourite polish colour?
Oooh! That's tricky! Right now it's black because I'm loving nails inc's leather effect polish!

10. What's your favourite TV programme?
This changes all the time, at the moment I'm watching Bewitched and Friends (depending what room I'm working in) so maybe them but I'm also watching Law & Order SVU, Dexter and Blue Bloods so maybe those too.... 

11. What are you reading currently?
I've just started reading The Happiness Project (and a copy of Scratch magazine)

Thank you again Kerry for nominating me! I really appreciate it :)

10 comments:

  1. yeah that colour is really not doing it for me :P really liked the black one though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black one is my favourite too!

      Delete
  2. i LOVE nudes and the leather effect is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leather effect is my favourite thing ever! I hope they do it in more colours like grey and darker browns!

      Delete
  3. The Happiness project is a great book - you'll love it! :o) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to read it when it's not 3am to really appreciate it! haha x

      Delete
  4. Thats the advantage of fake nails... Yo can glue stuff n to them lol
    I wish I could attach those awesome skulls to my nails lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people have used the skulls on their natural nails and have said that there was no damage, especially if you use two coats of base and then the two coats of colour before you apply them :)

      Delete
  5. Love this blog always so informative and fun love the polish x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x