Saturday, 12 January 2013

Textured talons

Happy Saturday! I'm off for a viewing today, fingers crossed the estate agent turns up! I hope you all have a great day :)

Today's mani is a design I did using two nails inc polishes. London Wall is a concrete effect polish and Old Street is a graffiti effect polish. There was no way I could NOT put the graffiti over the concrete!


I used two coats of the concrete polish and one coat of the graffiti polish. I didn't use topcoat because I didn't want to smooth the textures too much.


This was the second time I used the concrete polish (you can read the post about my first here) and I love it even more now! However this was the first try of the graffiti polish and I was really impressed. I think it would look amazing over any colour and with two or three coats, you could get a full coverage, which would look great as a full mani, an accent finger or tips. I can't wait to get both polishes in other colours!


Graffiti your talons and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x 

4 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued - doesn't the glitter coat destroy the concrete effect? If not, then oooh, I'm tempted to get a concrete after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you only put one coat of glitter over it, it doesn't. I also didn't spread the glitter out to every edge of the nail as graffiti doesn't take up a whole wall (usually) so that leaves some of the concrete effect showing which isn't smoothes at all! I love the concrete and there's so many different designs I've done with it I think it's a good one to get. I want it in all the colours now :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's even better in real life! I love all the different shapes as well, can't wait to get all the other colours :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x