Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Yesterday I got leathered! & I got another award nomination :)

Hi! I spent much of yesterday watching Criminal Minds instead of working, so I've got lots of designs and stuff to catch up on! 

Today I have a new leather effect polish from nails inc to show you. I have posted about leather effect polish before here, here and here, but this is a new colour I just got as part of a set from QVC. This colour launches on the nails inc website in March, but was released early exclusively to QVC. This shade is called Shoreditch Lane.


I used two coats of the polish and no topcoat and the effect is great!



I still prefer the black leather effect polish but I think this is lovely. It'd be good for 'old book' nail art and I'll be doing some more designs with this polish soon!


Get leathered and Get Nailed :)

Tara x

P.S As well as trying out new polish, I have also been getting nominated for the Liebster award again! I was nominated by the lovely Robyn at Diary of a Disney Diva (thank you so much Robyn!). The Liebster award is a fantastic thing, it helps bloggers with less than 200 followers get more exposure and it has helped me discover some amazing blogs! 

I have been nominated for this award before (four times!) so, as this is my fifth nomination I'm not going to follow the rules exactly (I'm not a 'rules' kind of girl anyway!).

The rules are; thank the person who has nominated you, tell your readers 11 facts about yourself, answer the questions the person who nominated you has asked, nominate 11 blogs and ask your nominees 11 questions. However as I don't have many facts left to tell you about myself and I have already nominated a lot of blogs for this award, I am only going to answer Robyn's questions and ask you to please read her amazing blog and check out the blogs of her nominees :) If you want to read my previous nominations, you can find them here, here, here and here.

Robyn's questions for me

1. What is your favourite city?
London, because that's where I grew up!

2. What is your favourite manicure that someone else has done?
This is hard because I read so many great blogs and see so many amazing designs but I have to say that this is my favourite mani because the lovely Cassie who created it, has very kindly said that she was inspired by me! and this mani I did :)

3. What is your favourite manicure that you have done?
At the moment it has to be this design, I even made it the main picture of my Facebook page

4. What is your favourite film?
I have so many it's hard to choose, the one I've probably seen most though is 'when Harry met Sally' 

5. What is your favourite holiday?
I can't choose, I've started typing an answer and then deleted it about six times! 

6. What is your favourite book?
I have hundreds of books so this is really hard to narrow down so I will have to go with anything by Karen Rose or Chris Carter. Sorry, I can't pick just one!

7. What is your favourite Disney character?
Minnie and Mickey Mouse! closely followed by Daisy and Donald Duck. If I have to pick just one, I'll say Minnie. 

8. What would your last meal be?
KFC!

9. What is your favourite Christmas song?
NO JUDGEMENT...... It's Mariah Carey 'all I want for Christmas'

10. What is your favourite Disney film?
This is the hardest question ever, I love Disney films! I'll go with' Beauty and the Beast'..... Oh, no, actually 'Mary Poppins'! or 'bedknobs and broomsticks'. Well probably one of those three anyway :D

11. What is your favourite nail polish brand?
At the moment it's nails inc because I love textured talons and they seem to be coming out with so many fab new things!

Again thank you Robyn for nominating me, I think this award is fantastic and I really appreciate being one of your chosen bloggers!

6 comments:

  1. I'm nominating you for a Liebster Award :D All info is on my blog. Lilie. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the leather nails, I think I actually prefer this to the black. And don't worry, you're not alone; MC All I want for Christmas is the BEST Christmas song ever lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad they're bringing out more colours because the leather effect is my favourite new thing (though I think that will all change when they bring out the denim effect!)

      Haha, people always laugh at me but I think it's great :D

      Delete
  3. the leather effects looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it :) Textures are my new favourite thing!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x