Saturday, 16 February 2013

Black matte-gic

Morning! Have you got an exciting weekend planned? I've got a relaxing one planned this week, because I'm going to visit my sister next weekend, so lots of magazines, films and nail polish for me - and maybe some left over Valentine's chocolates ;)

Today I've got a lovely Avon polish to show you. This is called 'black as night' and it's one of their matte nail polishes. 


This polish is really nice, it's a good consistency so it's easy to apply and it dries quickly as well. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the square cap but that really is just personal preference (I prefer round ones).


I used two coats of the polish to get this finish and it's really even with no streaks.

I love matte effect polish and this black one opens up loads of nail art options. It would be perfect for some chalkboard nail art with some white sums or something on it, as a background for a night sky with silver stars or as an animal background with the face of a cat or a dog drawn on it.


Get a matte and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a good proper matte nail varnish for god knows how long, I've tried so many brands and top coats and still there's shine, this looks very good so I'll have to try it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, it's hard to find a truly matte polish!! Some are still shiny AFTER having a matte topcoat as well as actually being advertised as a matte polish! But the Avon ones are great, I definitely recommend them :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x