Monday, 18 February 2013

Curious (-ly not) violet

Morning! I hope you had a great weekend :) Mine was good, relaxing and full of nail polish, which is always fab! but this week will be even better because my fiancé is off work for nearly two weeks and later this week we're going to visit my sister and brother in law!

Today I have a polish by technic to show you. Technic polishes are great, they're really good value (99p for 12ml) and they're really well made as well, you only need two coats to get a great, even colour. I also like the bottles and the round cap!, it makes it easier to hold and work with. 

This polish is called curious violet, however, I have to say the only thing curious about it is that it ISN'T violet…….. it's black! It looks a bit violet-y in the bottle but it's actually black! because I thought maybe I did something wrong (though I'm not sure what!) I tried using it again as a base for nail art (that post will be coming soon) but it still came out black! It hasn't put me off their polishes though because this is the only one that hasn't come out of the bottle exactly the colour that you see and I do like black nail polish, it was just unexpected!


I used two coats of this polish and in this picture, there is no topcoat so you can see the shiny finish you get from these polishes.


Be curious and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

P.S I've added a Facebook 'like' button to the bottom of all my posts (you can't see it in mobile view!) so feel free to share my posts with your friends :)

6 comments:

  1. I have one of their nail polishes and some nail art pens, I really like them and for the money they are pretty amazing. I can see what you mean, looks very black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they, really good value and some gorgeous colours! Luckily I've bought lots before so this one hasn't put me off!

      Delete
  2. On the 3rd pair of nails, you got a lil bit on the attaching plastic & it looks a wee bit violet...maybe...it might be a trick of the light. So it is possible, maybe, just maybe, they thought they were making a very blackened violet & over did it a smidge. lol If not, then another good black polish isn't a bad thing to have. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those little bits do look a little bit violet but I think that's just because I always paint the 'fishbone' slightly to make sure that when I take the nail off of it, there's no chip/bit without polish. Because it's not the actual nail, I'm not as careful making sure that it gets two coats that high up so there's only one coat on that part. The first coat was slightly violet but very streaky so it HAS to have a second coat, which turns it black! Like you say though, you can't have too many black polishes! :) <3

      Delete
  3. very interesting and unique color! pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) it's not what I was expecting but it is nice!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x