Thursday, 28 February 2013

Cute claws

Morning! Today I'm busy working on two projects and hoping that I can finish deciding on the colours I'm definitely including in my first collection (I need to cut my ideas by more than half!). I hope you have a fab Thursday too :)

Today I have some cute nail art to show you! I did this using two polishes - an unnamed bright pink by Cynthia Rowley and a bright blue called 'stand back' by No7 at Boots (this shade is like blue Smarties before they took out all the dye and stuff and ruined them!). First I applied the polishes on alternate nails (I used two coats) and when it was dry, I used nail glue and tweezers to apply some random cute stuff to the nails (I got a big bag of mixed 3D stuff off eBay).


On the left (from pinkie to thumb) I used; a blue bow with pink dots, a pink flower with a Hello Kitty head on it, a blue Mickey Mouse head with a heart and a diamante in the middle, a dark pink flower shape with a smaller light pink flower shape and a diamante in the middle and a pink ice-cream sundae. On the right (from pinkie to thumb) I used; a Hello Kitty head, a blue flower, a pink Hello Kitty holding a teddy bear, a pink version of the Mickey Mouse head on the left side (I guess this would be a Minnie version!) and a pink Hello Kitty in a cute dress that I kind of want……. :D I love this mani because it's bright, fun and random and I can't wait to see what other designs I can create using my random 3D charms!


Be cute and Get Nailed ;)

Tara

9 comments:

  1. this is so cute and fun, I'd do it on a child girl for a carnival princesses party :) but I've always thought that applications would be very uncomphortable to wear, is that the case?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't find them uncomfortable at all but that could be because I'm used to having things like this (sometimes bigger and/or more things as well) on my nails. You could try applying them with something temporary such as glue dots for an hour or two then if they're uncomfortable they can be removed easily and if they're comfortable they can be reapplied with something stronger like nail glue :)

      Delete
  2. These are so cute I love Hello kitty. I usually use my acrylic molds and make pieces like this but they end up falling of the nails :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started using acrylic moulds because some letters I wanted were really expensive and the moulds are really good value but I haven't made that many pieces yet :) I use a really strong nail glue to apply my decorations and they stay on well but I know everyone doesn't like to use such a strong glue on their natural nail!

      Delete
  3. These are sooo cute! I'm terrible for picking my nail polish off though, so I don't think these would survive on my nails!

    lisatakespictures xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha a lot of people say that they pick anything 3D off their nails! :)

      Delete
  4. Nice nails.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x