Friday, 15 February 2013

Leather jacket talons

Hi! Did you have a good Valentine's Day? My nails did! I gave them lots of pampering, using all my favourite products like OPI's nail envy and CND's solar oil.

Today I have a new design done using nails inc's leather effect polish in black (Noho) and silver zips, to show you. It's my 'leather jacket' mani!


I used two coats of the leather effect polish and no topcoat to get a good leather texture.

When the polish was completely dry, I used nail glue to stick on two silver zips. These are actual zips, so they are quite large, that's why I've only used them on two nails as accents rather than on multiple nails where they would take ALL of the focus off of this fab polish.


And this is the finished design! It's weird but I like it!


Zip up and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

8 comments:

  1. The leather effect only comes with 4 skulls so this is a cool alternative and it would be cool for a photo shoot but couldnt wear it every day, would be afraid the zips would come off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I love the leather effect so I had to keep looking for new ways to wear it, not just with the skulls. I've tried pulling the zips off and they don't budge, but you're right, it isn't an every day mani! The zips are quite heavy and would probably get VERY annoying after more than 2 days! :) x

      Delete
  2. That looks so awesome!! I love the leather effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Leather is definitely my favourite effect at the moment!

      Delete
  3. Love them and the blue one's you have on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! The blue I'm wearing is the Barielle one from this post http://tarastalons.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/internationail-talons-polish-something.html?m=1 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x