Saturday, 2 February 2013

Urban beauty

Morning! I hope your February got off to a great start :) I'm spending today getting a move on with my Valentine's Day designs!

Today, I've got some pictures of a design I've done using two nails inc polishes, London Wall (concrete effect) and Northumberland Avenue. 


I also used some flower stickers for the 'beauty' part of the urban beauty design.


First I used two coats of the concrete effect polish for the 'wall' part of the design.


When both coats of the concrete polish were completely dry, I used two coats of Northumberland Avenue along the bottom of each nail to create the 'grass'.

When all the polish had dried, I stuck on the little flower stickers and top coated the 'grass' and flowers. I did the topcoat part very carefully, so none of it got onto the concrete effect because it dulls the effect and makes it glossy.

Find beauty somewhere unexpected and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

P.S I've had my eighth Liebster award nomination from Melanie at Melanie's Fancies (thank you Melanie!). As I've said before I love the Liebster award because it helps blogs with less than 200 followers gain more readers and followers in the blogging community, which can only be a good thing. However as I have done it before, I'm not going to follow all of the rules (naughty Tara!). The rules are; thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog, tell your readers 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked, ask 11 questions and nominate 11 bloggers. So, I've thanked and linked back to Melanie and would love it if you would check out her blog and the blogs of the other people she nominated! 

If you would like me to check out your blog, and/or have less than 200 followers and would like me to link your blog if I get nominated for any awards in the future follow me on Twitter or find me on Facebook and send me your blog link :)

4 comments:

  1. oh this is a very smart way to bring these colors into spring..so pretty and its a nice mix of edgy concrete with girly flowers..very nice :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i love it! looks really earthy. like an earth goddess would wear these nails! haha sorry if i sound a little bit crazy :-p

    i have less than 200 followers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you!

      If I get nominated for anything again I'll definitely put your link on, I love your blog :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x