Saturday, 23 March 2013

50's talons

Morning :) How's your weekend going? Mine is very loud because I'm little sister and pet sitting! 

Today I have some cute talons to show you. I did these using two unnamed polishes, a silver one by W7 and a pink glitter by Accessorize. I also used some buttons from HobbyCraft and strong nail glue to apply them.


I painted the nails with two coats of the silver polish and then one thin coat of the pink glitter. I then applied an extra two coats of pink glitter along the top of the nails, to give the effect of the glitter fading out.


While the glitter polish dried, I used scissors to cut the back off the buttons. I used nail glue to apply pink and black roller skate buttons to the middle nails, a black flower with a pink diamante centre to one thumb and a pink glitter heart with black polka dots on the other thumb. This design makes me think of the kind of 50's American diner you see in films, where the waitresses wear roller skates, polka dot dresses and flowers in their hair!


Go back in time and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

5 comments:

  1. These are really cute! Is it quite easy cutting the back off the buttons, as I have thought of doing this for a while but thought it would be too hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      It's really easy, I use a pair of big scissors or wire cutters (depending which ones I can find!) and they come off really easily. Then I use a really rough file or some sandpaper to file the back down completely flat before I glue it onto the nail :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x