Sunday, 31 March 2013

Get Nailed by TarasTalons

Morning! I hope you're having a fun weekend and a good Easter! Have you got loads of eggs? I've got more mini eggs, not that I'm obsessed or anything…..I can stop eating them any time I want ;)

Tomorrow, something VERY exciting is happening for me! The FIRST EVER collection of my handmade nail polish is launching on my website and on Etsy (where there will be more pictures, FIVE per polish!), so I thought I'd give you a preview :)

All my polishes are handmade and VERY unique! Only TEN polishes of each shade will ever be produced! I have had 12 pre-orders though so only 88 bottles of polish will go on sale tomorrow. All the polishes in this collection are 10ml (the same size as nails inc) and the theme of this collection is 'childhood memories'. So today I'll show you the polishes (all polishes shown on my nails are without a base coat or topcoat as I was swatching them quickly just to show how they look applied) and tell you a bit about why they have been created :) I hope you like them!

These are the polishes! From left to right we have; Teddy bear, Dolly, Mum's makeup, Ice-lolly, Alphabetti Spaghetti, Sandcastles, Toy train, Paddling pool, Robots and Clowning around.

Here is the collection unlabelled so you can see the colours more clearly!

This deep brown shade with a hint of gold shimmer is called Teddy bear. I created this shade because when I was a little girl I loved teddies (I still do!) and would always play lots of games with them like schools!


This is the polish on my nails. The gold shimmer hasn't shown up very well but I've added some extra pictures of this to Etsy where it shows up more.


Dolly is a nude shade with gold sparkle running through it, again the gold sparkle doesn't show up very well because it's very fine but there are more pictures on Etsy to show it more clearly. This polish was created based on one of my favourite dollies I had when I was a little girl, she had light pinkish skin and blonde hair and that memory influenced this shade.


This is the polish on my nails - I apologise for the red polish around my cuticles ;) I had to swatch 10 polishes quickly so no basecoat was used! Bad Tara!


This a dark pink shade with LOTS of silver glitter is called Mum's makeup. I created this polish because when I was a little girl I loved rifling through and playing with my mum’s makeup (she will tell you I’ve never stopped doing it!). It always seemed so sparkly and exciting even though I had my own ‘little girl’ makeup sets.


This is how the polish looks on (remnants of my 'toy train' polish around the edge of the nails is optional ;)).


This polish is called Ice-lolly and it's a deep, bright red. It was created because it makes me remember getting an ice-lolly from the ice cream van outside the school gates on summer afternoons.


This is two coats of 'Ice-lolly'.


This BRIGHT orange polish with orange glitter is called Alphabetti spaghetti. It was created because I (and most people) enjoyed fun food when I was little. It was better than normal tinned spaghetti and it was even better than spaghetti hoops (though it was cool to see how many of them you could fit on one spoke of your fork!).


This is two coats of the polish on my nails.


Sandcastles is a shimmery yellow and was created because I have great memories of visiting beaches and building sandcastles (some more recent than childhood :D).


Here's my rush job of two coats of 'Sandcastles' ;)


When I was a little girl I had a Hornby train set, which was amazing and my favourite train was a deep green, so I’ve recreated that memory in this dark green shimmery polish and called it Toy train!


Here it is on my nails, I didn't want to remove this one!


This polish is called Paddling pool. I grew up in a block of flats so we had no garden but my mum always made sure we didn’t miss out on anything, so I had a paddling pool on the balcony in Summer and this light blue polish was created because our paddling pool was light blue – and so was the sky while I was playing in it!



Here's how it looks on my nails.


I think robots are cool and a big part of childhood whether you played with them or they were in programs you watched (like Power Rangers!) so I created this shimmery metallic grey/silver polish and called it Robots.


Here's how it looks after two coats (please excuse the bit where I've flooded my cuticle, I blame laughing at Will & Grace for this one :D)


Lastly is Clowning around. This silvery EXTREMELY glittery polish is called clowning around partly because clowns are a very big thing when you’re a kid (whether you love them or are scared of them!) but also because clowning around is a big part of childhood. I used to love messing about with my sisters (and still do!) and when I remember those times everything seems bright and loud so I made this polish bright and loud. I can’t even begin to describe all of the glitters I’ve managed to squeeze into it. There’s every colour you can think of in different sizes and shapes and my test run of this polish got me so many compliments when I wore it. I think that’s because it really does make you think of happy memories!


This is two coats of 'Clowning around'.


Get Nailed by hand ;)

Tara x

10 comments:

  1. Wow this collection is SO CUTE!!!! I am so jealous of you, I am DESPERATE to make my own polishes <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've really loved doing it, I've already got my next 4 planned and something else which is a secret for now ;)

      Delete
  2. well done honey - very proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaa. Love Teddy Bear and Toy Train!!!! Too adorable. The names are really cute. Love it. You're really good! Keep up the good work. I'll pop a link to your shop and Etsy in my next post (: xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much!! That's so nice :) xx

      Delete
  4. amazing!! they are all so pretty, i LOVE clowning around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like them! :)

      Delete
  5. love these colors.. Mum's Makeup is so pretty, definitely my favorite. looking forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That one has nearly sold out now! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x