Friday, 22 March 2013

Grey-t talons

Hi! It's Friday at last! Are you doing anything exciting? I'm looking after my little sisters all weekend, so wish me luck ;) 

Today I've got the new nails inc leather effect polish to show you, I only got it yesterday! The new leather effect is called Old Compton Street and it's a lovely grey. I'm so excited because as soon as I saw the black and tan ones I said I wanted red, grey and a dark brown and so far they've bought out a red and grey! Fingers crossed when I get the next box of nails inc polishes from QVC (I signed up for an auto delivery of three months of their TSV (today's special value) boxes) there's a dark brown leather effect!


I know this photo is a little blurry but I wanted to show you the great texture you get after just one coat so I had to get close up at an angle! if you look at the nails on the right hand side of the top row, you'll see what I mean, the closer nails are blurred though! I know a lot of people think that leather effect is just the same as matte and not worth the extra money but it really is very different and I recommend trying it, especially if you can order it from QVC as you get a money back guarantee (I think it's 30 days but you'd need to double check) so if you try it and think it really isn't worth the money for you, you can send it back! 


I took this photo against a darker background and with extra lights so you can see the blue undertones of the polish, it's really pretty!


This is the polish after two coats, no topcoat because it fills in and dulls the texture, not to mention it would give you shiny leather (very 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch'!). I really like the grey version of this polish and I have lots of ideas for designs I can use it in!


Get Nailed it's grey-t ;)

Tara x

6 comments:

  1. I love this colour xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) me too! I can see me running out of it very quickly! X

      Delete
  2. I'm not mad about the texture polishes, but I do like the colour of this compared to the pastel ones around at the minute. I hope you have a great weekend with your sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love textures, they're my favourite thing at the moment! I love pastels but this does make a nice change and it's a bit bolder!
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh I didn't know they did a grey one! Really like this :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only just been released, I think it might still be exclusive to QVC but I'm not sure! X

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x