Saturday, 16 March 2013

I love my talons deer-ly

Morning! I'm so excited today because even though I've been celebrating it for weeks, TODAY is ACTUALLY my birthday! I hope you have a fab Saturday too :)

Well, yesterday I showed you one of Barry M's textured polishes, Ridley Road and I promised I would show you it used in a Spring design so here it is! To do this design I used some 'Spring animals' themed buttons from a craft shop and nail glue.


I used two coats of the Barry M polish on the nails and while waiting for them to dry, I cut the backs off the buttons. When the polish had dried, I used nail glue to stick a deer button on one of the middle nails and a skunk on the other. I positioned these really carefully to make sure I could wear them comfortably and still text and stuff, So I stuck them with the overhang to the side of the nail rather than the top.


Again there's no topcoat used as it removes the texture effect but the nail glue will hold the buttons securely and the polish is quite long lasting and doesn't chip easily.


Be a deer and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, enjoy your day :) .

    I love these nails - the animals are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, these are so awesome! Where do you get the buttons from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got them from Hobbycraft

      Delete
  3. i love this polish and the buttons are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! These are so cute. I would so wear these if I had servants that done everything for me.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's not the most practical design!

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday! We're almost twins, mine is the 15th :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ooooh, we are almost twins! :D Happy belated birthday!

      Delete
  6. Hope you had a good birthday :)

    I'm wearing the yellow version of this - Atlantic Road - and I'm loving it! So pretty and I'm new to textured nail art too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you :)

      I haven't got that one yet but it looks lovely so I might have to get it soon! X

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x