Thursday, 7 March 2013

Painty talons

Hi! I spent most of yesterday taking photos and painting nails for some girls who have placed orders with me, so I was really busy! How was your Wednesday?

Today I've got photos of some nails I did the other day using acrylic paint to show you! 


To do this design, I used a few different acrylic paints; dark purple, light purple, bright blue and powder blue. I put all the paints in separate sections of my palette and using water mixed them together by pulling them towards the middle of the palette. I didn't mix the paint together completely though and left some paint completely unmixed.



I used three coats to get this effect as acrylic paint dries matte and is also quite thick/heavy so it applies quite streaky. It also sometimes goes on a little lumpy (though that's probably more to do with my mixing skills than the paints fault!) so three coats is needed to even things out and spread out the paint evenly.


I also applied two coats of topcoat to make sure the paint was shiny and wouldn't just wash off!

I really like this effect. It's kind of stripey and you can see the different colours all mixing together when you look closely. I can't wait to try this again with other shades of colours such as pinks and greens!

Mix it up and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

2 comments:

  1. i really like this! very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was really happy with how it turned out, I can't wait to do it with all differnet colours!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x