Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Talons of beer

Morning :) I had a great day yesterday, lots of nail designs started! I'm looking forward to the weekend though, because I'm going to spend some time with my little sisters.

Today I've got some beer themed nails to show you. To do this design I used a red Calvin Klein polish - Bombshell, a brown Barielle polish - rusted vintage boots, a white Barielle polish - enduring as well as 3D beer cans and beer mat dolls house miniatures. I also used tweezers, a nail art brush, nail glue and a Sally Hansen topcoat.


First I painted the pinkie nails with two coats of Barielle vintage rusted boots. When it was completely dry I used Two coats of Barielle enduring to paint 'foam' along the top of the nails.


I then used the red polish (Calvin Klein Bombshell) and a nail art brush to write 'Beer' on the ring finger nails of each hand.


On the middle nails and the thumb nails I glued some beer mats meant for a dolls house (dolls pub?).


On the index fingers I used nail glue and tweezers to glue on tiny 3D beer cans (again meant for a dolls house). The cans were the most difficult part of the whole design because they kept ROLLING! I finished the design with a coat of Sally Hansen topcoat to keep it all from chipping/getting the beer mats wet.


Have a beer and Get (hammered and) Nailed ;)

Tara x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I prefer beer themed nail art to beer :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x