Saturday, 2 March 2013

Web (of lies) polish

Hi! Are you having a good weekend? I am! I've already had some pre orders of my nail polish AND I had chocolate croissants for breakfast yesterday - does it get any better? ;)

Today I have an orange Barry M 'web' effects polish to show you. I say 'web' because it actually looks NOTHING like a web…….. 


First I used two coats of a metallic grey/silver polish by W7 (unnamed). This polish is really nice, it's a fab colour and a great formula - it's also a great price! I paid about £1 for this!  When both coats had dried, I painted on the Barry M 'web' effects polish and hey presto! I got…….croc effect nails……..


As you can see it isn't a web but it isn't just standard crackle either, it's just an orange version of the croc effect…… it's nice enough but not really what I was expecting/wanted :(


Get something unexpected and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

8 comments:

  1. I was so excited about this polish when I bought it, couldn't wait to try it....but it was the most disappointing polish ever! all I got was orange goo naisl - not what I'd hoped for, surprisingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I had so many nail art ideas using this! What a shame!

      Delete
  2. Same, I thought 'web effect'? that's going to be the best thing ever! Mine didn't even look this good. Just thin orange polish with a couple of cracks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In theory it's amazing! In reality it's a bit rubbish! Hopefully they'll revise the formula or another brand will do a similar thing!

      Delete
  3. I was going to buy this, glad I never :( I was excited when I saw it because i thought it was web too. It has disappointed lots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it had been advertised as a croc I would've been more than happy with it because its a nice colour and applies well but so disappointed it didn't 'web' if they can make crackle, shatter and croc why can't they make a web that actually webs!

      Delete
  4. oh ya this totally looks like reptile skin more than a web. it would be cool if you got it in a green to make some croc nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it! I've only got the black croc, I've never seen green (apart from black they had red and blue) but I'll keep my eyes out cos that would be amazing!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x