Friday, 12 April 2013

Adding the glitz

Morning :) I didn't do any nails at all yesterday but I did get some new decals so I'm going to start working with them today. Have you got that Friday feeling? I have! I might even have some champagne later because I haven't had any time to celebrate my launch yet and it was nearly two weeks ago! 

Today I have some restyled nails to show you. Last time I was in Poundland they had some really pretty false nails in all different colours with a matte effect, so I bought them in every colour I could find but I don't really wear plain nails a lot and I prefer to wear nails that I've done myself so I decided to decorate them! I used five different decoration wheels, nail glue, pointy tweezers and a wax pencil to do this design.


On the thumb nails I applied a dot of glue at the base and then applied a large white bow using the pointy tweezers. It only takes about a minute for the glue to dry so I held in it place to make sure it didn't move from where I positioned it!


On the index fingers (well what I had intended to be the index fingers, I actually ended up wearing them on my middle fingers!) I used nail glue and the wax pencil to apply round, purple diamantes along the tip.


On the middle fingers I used nail glue and a wax pencil to apply white half pearls along the bottom edge of the nail.


On the ring fingers, I applied smaller white bows near the tip of the nail. I applied them off to one side an at an angle. I used pointy tweezers to hold the bows in place because the wax pencil isn't very good at gripping these bows.


On the pinkie finger nails I applied a little pink diamante heart near the tip of the nails using nail glue and a wax pencil.


And this is the finished design. Because the nails already had a matte finish, I didn't apply any top coat.


This is how I wore the design, I swapped over the index and middle finger designs purely because I liked the fit better.


Restyle your talons and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

8 comments:

  1. That is a really pretty colour purple. When you hold the big bow on the gule does it not get on your fingers. Very well done I really enjoy reading your blog every day its the best nail blog I have come across ( and I have seen lot's ) keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I wish is got more of these ones!
    I use pointy tweezers to hold it in place so I don't glue myself to my bows :D
    Aw thank you! That's so nice of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! Looks like a professional mani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bow is so cute. Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are soooo pretty, reminds me of princesses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't think if that before but they are quite princess-y! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x