Monday, 1 April 2013

Comic book talons

Happy April! I hope you had a great weekend :) I've got lots to do today because my nail polish collection has now launched! If you missed my preview yesterday, you can see it here. The shop and my website are also both live now! 

Today's nails are a cute comic book design. I did this using a bight blue nail polish (Blu blaze by Nina ultra pro), nail art pens and Rimmel's 60 second topcoat.


First I painted the nails with two coats of the bright blue polish. This is a great polish, it applied very streakily after the first coat but the second coat gives a lovely colour and coverage. It dries matte as well which means you have the best of both worlds as you can leave it matte or topcoat it to make it glossy.


When the polish was dry I used; red, white, pink, orange, black, yellow and green nail art pens to draw on 'comic-y' designs. On the left from pinkie to thumb I drew; a zig zag 'explosion', pink dots, 'BANG!' yellow dots and 'BAM!' in a zig zag 'explosion'. On the right from pink to thumb I drew; 'ZAP!', orange dots, 'POW', a zig zag 'explosion' and white dots.


Once all the designs had dried I used Rimmel's 60 second topcoat to make sure the design didn't chip.


Read a comic and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x