Monday, 8 April 2013

Pop tart talons

Morning! Today is the one week anniversary of my nail polish going on sale! To celebrate I'm having a sale for 24 hours which is on now! If you want to grab a bargain and get 20% over £15 (excl. postage) you can visit my shop and use the discount code 20OFF :)

Today I have a 'pop tarts' design to show you! To do this design I used; models own in nude beige, carnival by technic, an unbranded glitter, a polish I created called gobstopper and a matte topcoat. I also used a cream, red and brown nail art pen.


First I painted all the nails with two coats of the models own nude beige polish. When it was completely dry, I used the cream and brown nail art pens and my gobstopper polish to draw rough rectangles in the middle of each nail for the icing. I filled in each rectangle messily because the icing on pop tarts is never completely even. Over the top of the cream and brown polish I used the technic and unbranded glitters and red, brown and cream nail art pens to decorate the icing. I then did a second coat of gobstopper to make the colour more solid like icing. When all the nails had completely dried I used a matte topcoat to take the shine off of the pop tarts :)


Have a pop tart for breakfast and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

6 comments:

  1. How cute! I am totally loving this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as soon as i saw the photos I knee they were poptarts! really great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love poptarts SO much!

      Delete
  3. I saw the name of this post and just thought it was a pun. I didntbthinmk it would be actual pop tarts. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I do love puns, but I love poptarts more ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x