Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Dolly talons

Hi! I went on my nail polish shopping trip yesterday and got my white polish and topcoat. I also found the perfect glitter for a custom order of polish, so my day was fab! I hope yours was too!

Today I'm going to show you some Polly Pocket inspired nails I created. Polly Pocket was one of my favourite toys when I was little so I had to put her on my nails! To do this design I used; a Sally Hansen polish called pink blink, Sally Hansen topcoat, a silver glitter polish by W7, a pink nail art pen and acrylic paints in; dark pink, light pink, white, cream, yellow, gold, brown, blue, black and white. I also used some thin brushes and a dotting tool.


I started off with two coats of the pink polish on all of the nails. While they dried I started mixing up acrylic paint to do Polly's face. I used light pink, cream and white to make the shade I used. I then painted Polly faces on the thumb and index finger nails. While I waited for the paint to dry, I painted the pinkie nails with silver glitter polish. I also used bright green and white paint to dot a big flower onto the ring finger nails. 


I quickly went over the Polly faces to make sure that no pink polish was showing through and while I waited for that to dry, I used white paint to draw two 'P's onto the middle finger nails. 


Once the Polly faces were dry I used yellow and gold paint to do Polly's hair. Each of the four Pollys had different hair; one had long hair left down, one had a bun, one had shorter hair left down and the last one also had long hair left dow, but I brought the front of the hair down slightly so I could paint in an Alice band later.


While the hair dried I used blue paint to dot eyes onto all of the Pollys. I also used brown paint and a thin brush to paint on the Pollys eyebrows. While I waited for the eyes and brows to dry I used light pink paint mixed with a tiny bit of white to make a lighter pink for the Polly mouths/lipgloss. 

By then the hair was dry so I went back to it and using dark pink paint and a thin brush I painted a pink band around the hair of the Polly who has a bun. I then used a thicker brush and half painted, half dotted an Alice band onto the Polly who's hair I created for that style. I didn't just paint a line across her hair because I wanted it to look like it was IN her hair with her hair covering parts of it. While the hair band/Alice band dried I used black paint to dot in the pupils of all of the Pollys eyes.


While the Polly eyes were drying I used the pink nail art pen to outline the 'P's on the middle fingers. I then went back to the Pollys eyes and dotted on a tiny white dot as a highlight. When all of the paint was completely dry I used the Sally Hansen topcoat to seal the design!


Hey doll! Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

2 comments:

  1. Love! I had so many Polly Pockets when I was little, loved them so much until they made her bigger!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      They were amazing weren't they! I don't like them as much now, my little sisters have got Polly toys and the dolls are about the size of Barbie's little sisters/kids! The playlets are massive as well! I used to have a little pink heart and when you opened it up it was Polly's house and now her house is HUGE!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x