Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Hundred acre talons

Hi! I'm so excited this week because I have supplies on order for my next few collections and I'll be finishing a collection to be released soon! I've also started planning my Halloween, Christmas, New Year, Valentines Day and Easter collections so I'll be doing some more work on them! I hope you're having a fab week too!

Today I'm going to show you my Winnie the Pooh nails! I did these using four Barry M polishes which are; pink - dragon fruit, blue - blueberry, green- greenberry and orange - satsuma. I also used acrylic paints and a Barry M topcoat.


For this design I did Winnie faces on the thumbs, hunny pots on index fingers, Piglet faces on the middle fingers, Eeyore's tail on the ring fingers and Tigger print on the pinkies.


First I painted the nails with two coats of Barry M polish. I used orange on the pinkies, pink on the ring finger, green on the middle fingers and thumbs and blue on the index fingers.


To do the Winnie faces I used dark yellow for the outline and shadow on the nose and mouth and a lighter yellow for his fur. I also used pink for his tongue, black for his eyes, nose and eyebrows and white for the highlight on his eyes. To do the hunny pots I used black to put in a lid and write 'hunny' on them. 


To do the Piglet faces I used dark pink for the outline and the outline of his nose, medium pink for his nose and ears and light pink for his skin. I also used black to put in his features. To do Eeyore's tail I used black for the outline and the fur that comes down off of his tail, a lilac with grey tones for his fur and pink for his bow.


To do the Tigger print I used black acrylic paint to stripe it on.


To finish the design when all of the paint had dried, I used a Barry M topcoat.


And here's the finished design! 


Eat hunny and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x