Friday, 3 May 2013

Literary talons

Morning! I spent yesterday doing some custom sets of nails for a girl to wear on her summer holiday and designing some more sets that will go on sale in my Etsy shop soon!  Have a fab Friday!

Today I have a book design to show you. I did this using 'Shoreditch Lane' which is the red leather effect polish by nails inc and some gold acrylic paint.



This picture is zoomed in quite a lot so I can show you the details properly! I used two coats of the leather effect polish as a base and when it was completely dry I used gold acrylic paint and a striping brush to draw two lines along the bottom of the nail and one across the top of the nail. I then used a thin brush to vaguely write on the titles of the books. I didn't write the titles on or draw the lines perfectly because I wanted the books to look old/worn rather than new. 



As the acrylic paint dried it took on some of the texture from the leather polish which you can see here.


This is the finished design! No topcoat on it because it will smooth the texture and make the books shiny.


Don't just read about it, Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

2 comments:

  1. leather book bindings - such a cool idea! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As soon as I saw the colour of this polish I knew I had to try book nail art! I've got the Black and Tan one too so I'll try some different book designs with them!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x