Saturday, 11 May 2013

Little Bo Peep talons

Happy Saturday! Yesterday I got my copy of the book that me and my nail design were published in! SO exciting! Do you have any fun plans for today? I'm going to be working today because I started work on a new collection yesterday so I have some work to do on that! 

Today I have a 'Little Bo Peep' design to show you! I did this using a nails inc polish called Elizabeth Street which is a lovely light pink, some acrylic paints in; white, pink, grey, black and blue and some 3D blue bows. I also used a thin brush, a medium brush, nail glue, pointy tweezers and a Rimmel topcoat.


First I painted all of the nails with two coats of the pink polish. When that dried I started painting sheep on the middle finger nails using white acrylic paint. While the sheep dried I wrote 'Bo' on one pinkie  nail and 'Peep' on the other using blue acrylic paint and the thin brush. I also used them to Paint bows onto the thumb nails. 

While that dried I used black paint to draw on the sheep's legs and eyes. I then painted the index fingers using the medium brush and blue acrylic paint. I then loaded my brush with water and dripped it onto the nail so that some of the paint flowed off of the nail and the polish showed through. I then used grey paint to put ears on the sheep and some pink paint to draw on the sheep's mouth.


To finish the design I used nail glue and tweezers to glue three blue bows down both of the ring finger nails and sealed the design with a layer of topcoat.


Get Nailed with Little Bo Peep ;)

Tara x

2 comments:

  1. this is adorable! i love the bows and the blue swirly nail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Little Bo Peep! I can't wait to put some other nursery rhymes on my nails!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x