Sunday, 19 May 2013

Matte the genius

Morning! I've been really sick recently so yesterday I laid on the sofa and watched nearly two whole weeks of Hollyoaks! I did get time to do my mani though ;) I'm going to do some more laying around today as well but I hope I can get back to work on Monday, I have loads of design ideas for sets of nails for my Etsy shop! I hope your weekend is going better than mine!

The other day I showed you an amazing polish called genius in the bottle by Catrice and today I have the same varnish to show you but with a topcoat! It's really hard to show it in the pictures but you cans till see all the colours in the polish as you move your hands, they're just not glossy or shimmery! It also brings out the green and the gold tones more than the purples and blues.


This is two coats of the Catrice polish and one coat of a matte topcoat!



Take the shine off and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

8 comments:

  1. This is such an interesting colour! And I love that it dried matte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely one of my favourite colours!

      Delete
  2. What matte top coat did you use? I have a few but they don't seem to work, maybe I'm doing something wrong. so I'm on the hunt for a good matte top coat that actually works :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really cheap one that I got off eBay to try, because I couldn't get to the shops and I was a bit skeptical about how well it'd work anyway! But it's actually better than branded one's I've tried! Here's the link! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15ml-Super-Matte-Dull-Change-Surface-Glossy-Oil-Nail-Art-Tips-Toes-Polish-/251116425130?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Nails_Manicure_Pedicure_CA&hash=item3a77b48faa x

      Delete
  3. I have this color but on my skin tone looks weird. Looks great with the matte topcoat . Will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame because it's so pretty but with the matte topcoat it may be better because the colour won't reflect so much?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x