Monday, 6 May 2013

Wizard talons!

Morning! Today I'm going to check all of the glitters I've been testing for bleed to see which ones I can use, then I can get to work on some polishes for custom orders! I hope you have a fab Monday!

Today I have a wizard design to show you! To do this I used a light pink polish, a silvery grey polish and acrylic paints in; purple, gold, grey, silver, blue, black, red, white, green, black and white. I also used a tiny paint brush, a striping brush and a topcoat. 

One the top set I painted; a wizard in a wizard hat, a wand, a wizard's face with no features, lizards tail's and magical sparks. On the bottom set I painted; a wizard's hat, a potion label, a wizard's face with no features, a wizard's beard and a wizard in a wizard hat.


Firstly I painted all of the nails using a pale pink polish, I used one by nails inc but any light pink will work. I then painted silver polish over the index and pinkie nails on one set and the thumb and index nails on the other set.  

Once all the polish was completely dry I used grey acrylic paint mixed with a little bit of silver to paint on the wizards beards and eyebrows on the thumb and middle nails of the top set and the middle, ring and pinkie nails of the other set. I then used blue to paint eyes on the thumb nail of the top set and pinkie nail of the bottom set. I also used purple paint mixed with a tiny bit of black so it was very dark to paint the bottom of a hat onto these nails. I also painted a full hat on the thumb nail of the bottom set.


While all of that was drying I used black and white paint to draw a wand onto the index finger of the top set. I also used the white paint to draw a label onto the index finger of the bottom set. I used green paint to draw lizard tails onto the ring finger and gold paint to do magical sparks on the pinkie nail of the top set while I waited for the wand and label to dry. 

I used black paint to outline the label and write on 'potion' I also dotted on the pupils of the wizard's eyes. While that dried I used red paint mixed with white to draw lips on the wizards on the thumb nail of the top set and the ring and pinkie fingers of the bottom set.


To finish the design I used one coat of topcoat when all of the acrylic paint had completely dried.


Get Nailed with a wizard!

Tara x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x