Thursday, 20 June 2013

Animal talons

Morning! Yesterday I finished off a fairy design and started a pixie design so I'll have them to show you soon! Today I'm mainly going to catch up on blog reading and play Candy Crush, I'm ashamed to admit I have now succumbed to the lure of it and I'm addicted! Hope you have a good day too!

Today I'm going to show you an animal mani I did for one of my little sisters when I went to visit my family on Father's Day! I also did my mum's nails so I'll show you them soon too! My sister had painted her nails the day before so I only take credit for the art not the paint job! To do this design I used acrylic paints, nail glue, diamantes, embellie gellie and a technic topcoat! 

This is the whole design! I'll show you some of the individual nails but I don't want to make this post too long so I won't put all the individual pictures on!


On her left hand I painted; a dog, a cat, a mouse, a swan and zebra stripes!


On her right hand I painted; leopard print, a penguin, a panda, a gorilla and a flamingo!


The cat, swan and flamingo all have diamante eyes which I applied using nail glue and embellie gellie. If you've never heard of it, embellie gellie is an amazing product that you can buy from scraperfect.com! I first heard about it watching Robin Moses nail art videos on youtube! It's like a clear sticky gum and you mould a little bit over the stick that's included and use it to pick up and place your embellishments! It's much better than a wax pencil and I love wax pencils!


This is the flamingo and the dog on her thumbs. To do the flamingo I used bright pink, light pink and black paint and a black diamante. The dog was done in white with brown spots and black for his eyes, nose and mouth.


Here is a closeup of the thumbs.


Here is a close up of the flamingo, just because I love flamingos :D


Who am I kidding? I love dogs too so here is a close up of the dog ;)


I apologise for the blurriness of the panda! I think I moved as the camera took the photo and I didn't realise until I got home! The panda was done with black and white paint and I mainly used a dotting tool to do this.


This is the swan, I did this with black, white and orange paint and a MASSIVE diamante! My sister picked out the ones she liked and we didn't realise until it was on how big it is! My mum said it must have just seen a fish it wanted to eat haha!


This is the little mouse which may or may not have started out as a rabbit and been changed halfway through because I messed up ;) I used grey, pink, black and white paint to do the MOUSE :D


Here is the cat, which I really love! I did this using black, white, bright pink and light pink paint and bright green diamantes!


This is her left hand finished.


This is her right hand finished!


And This is the whole mani finished and top coated!


Be an animal and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

12 comments:

  1. omg this is the cutest! i love all animals, and i love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! I think the penguin is my favorite nail...so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, such a cute mani! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I love the penguin and the flamingo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love penguins and recently I've started loving flamingos more!

      Delete
  5. Omg these nails are fantastic! I wish I was this talented. Www.elledeesbeauty.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you! That's so nice! :) xx

      Delete
  6. omg, i love these!! i have no talent when it comes to nail art - altho having said that, i havent tried (i havent tried cos i know ill be crap!! LOL!!) im envious!!
    New to your blog, but been eyeing your polishes for a while - theyre yummy!
    Claire
    x
    http://pennyforthem1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not good at 'arty' things at all but I love nail art so I just keep doing it and hopefully one day it'll be amazing haha!
      Thank you! :D x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x