Thursday, 27 June 2013

Barnacles on my talons?

Morning! I had a quiet day yesterday, I watched Cinderella 2 while I packed orders and then I just tided my house and did some work, nothing exciting but it was quite relaxing! and I see my older sister in a couple of days so I'm sure my exciting times will happen then! I hope you had a good day too!

A couple of weeks ago I showed you a pink Barry M sequin effects polish that I really didn't like and had given away! If you missed it you can see it here. I mentioned on that post that I had bought it in three colours so today I'm going to show you the best of the three! 

This one is a white base with coloured glitters. When I used this I was much happier because the glitters went well with the base! However it was VERY tricky to apply! I find it really hard to understand why because I have lots of Barry M glitter polishes( and many other brands of glitter polishes) and they have loads of glitter but apply easily and this one has a generous amount of glitter but you have to work really hard to apply it! 

Once I had managed to get two (fairly) even coats on it was really bumpy! I felt like I had barnacles on my nails! I used two layers of topcoat and it smoothes it out enough to stop it being scratchy/rough but it's still bumpy! I was so disappointed! I really, really hope that Barry M reformulate these and re-release them! 


This is two coats of polish and two coats of Barry M topcoat. Are you a fan of the sequin effect polishes?


Get Nailed and make it bumpy ;)

Tara x

8 comments:

  1. I was considering getting these...i'm glad i've seen your swatches. i don't think i'll bother now. i hate 'tricky' glitter and it just seems like a cheap take on the indie craze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a 'rush job'! They look fab in the bottle and I love the idea but it just hasn't worked! I'll put pics of the black one up soon but it's no better! Well it looks better than the pink one but it doesn't apply any better!

      Delete
  2. I'm really not a fan of how this looks at all, I have no idea why they just didn't make some really nice milky glitters. They took the textured thing WAY too far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'm really hoping they'll take on board all the negative feedback and redo them so they're beautiful glitter polishes!

      Delete
  3. I wasnt a fan of the pink one and I'm not a fan of this one, just looks very messy or something, I dont know it just doesn't look like something I'd want on my nails, such a shame as Barry M is normally very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was really disappointed I love Barry M usually!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You're the first person to say that to me haha

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x