Saturday, 15 June 2013

Brighten up your talons with flowers!

Morning! Do you have exciting plans for the weekend? I'm spending my Saturday working and then my Sunday visiting my dad for Fathers Day. I'm sure I'll manage to fit some work in somewhere though :D

Today I'm going to show you a floral design I did yesterday! I did this using a technic polish called 'jet black' and acrylic paints in pink, purple, blue, green and yellow. I also used a technic topcoat to finish the design!


I used three coats of the black polish because it was still slightly streaky after two coats and I wanted the background to be a perfect, solid black. When that was dry I started doing the flowers with the acrylic paints. I didn't mix these colours at all, I just used them straight from the tube because they were so pretty! I used a small brush to paint on all different flowers in the different colours and a dotting tool to dot in the yellow middles.


This is the finished design with topcoat! I love it and I can't wait to do more manis like this with different colours and maybe even one with a light background and dark flowers!


Get Nailed petal ;)

Tara x

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x