Monday, 17 June 2013

Dotty talons

Morning! I hope you had a great weekend! I spent mine working, relaxing, seeing my family and doing manis for one of my sisters and my mum which I'll show you soon! Have a fab Monday!

Today I'm going to show you a design I did which was inspired by a notebook I saw in Paperchase! To do this I used a nails inc polish called Porchester Square which is one of their 'hero shades'. I also used acrylic paints in cream, brown, blue and black and Barry M topcoat.


I used two coats of the nails inc polish as a base. This polish is gorgeous! It's easy to see why it's one of their top sellers! When the polish was completely dry I used a small dotting tool to dot on the different coloured paints. I worked one colour at a time so that they didn't run into each other, so I did all the cream dots first then the brown, then blue and lastly black.


This is the design finished and top coated! I really like this design because you can make it really neutral like this or do black or white nails with neon dots or glitter dots. It's really easy to do and you can match it to any occasion or outfit!


I'm also going to show you the nails I have on at the moment, the base colour is two coats of nails inc Westminster and the glitter is Barry M rose quartz! I used Barry M topcoat to smooth the glitter and add extra shine!


Be dotty and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

11 comments:

  1. Hi Tara, if you won't mind - where do you buy these false nails on a 'fishbone'? I don't even know how they are called properly :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get them on Etsy, there's lots of sellers depending on the quantity you want to buy! I'm not really sure what they're called either! I just call it a fishbone too! :D

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much, I was clueless!

      Delete
    3. Actually just found them on Born Pretty Store cheaper than on Etsy.

      Delete
    4. I'm glad you found them! :)

      Delete
    5. yes I did but now I can't find the adhesive stickers anywhere :D I'm a nightmare! :D

      Delete
    6. Haha! I've seen them in boots before but I'm not sure if they still do them

      Delete
  2. I love your own nails but the main Nails Inc mani is so cute! Gorgeous base colour and I love the dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The nails inc colour is so lovely! I'll do it in some more colours soon!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x