Thursday, 13 June 2013

Nail fail!

Morning! I spent yesterday working on some new projects that I'm hoping to start this year! I'm very excited and I'll share more when I can! I hope you had a fab day too!

Today I'm going to show you a Barry M polish from their new effects range. This is 'pink', one of their sequin effects polishes! I was so excited when I saw these effects polishes and I got them in three colours! However I was really disappointed when I used this particular colour because I really didn't like it. I can count on one hand the Barry M products I've ever been disappointed with and I buy a lot of them! but this wasn't for me at all! The pink isn't very nice, though it does look nicer in these pictures than in real life! I also didn't like the colours of the glitter with this pink and I thought the ratio of glitter to polish was too much, it was VERY textured! Unfortunately I had to give this one away as I wouldn't wear it again but the other sequin polishes are lovely (I'll show you them soon!).


This is two coats of the polish with a Barry M topcoat. You can see the amount of glitter here is immense! It felt quite rough and textured even after the topcoat!


Don't be disappointed, Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

10 comments:

  1. super cute sparkly flakes on those pink nails!

    check out my new post featuring Bless'ed Are The Meek Lookbook shoot!
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sparkles are cute but it would annoy me I think xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just so many they're very scratchy and rough! They would definitely annoy you! I'm used to mad 3D stuff on my nails but these are sharp and I'd end up with scratches all over me!

      Delete
  3. I was so excited about that collection until I found out it was textured. I like Barry M polish, I just think that sometimes they tend to rush out all the trends at once instead of taking the time to come up with a really, really good example of one trend. Making this textured was a big boo-boo in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they did so well with their confetti polishes which were much better than other brands feather/confetti polishes but this didn't work at all for me! Sad because I love Barry M!

      Delete
  4. that's too bad it wasn't as nice as you had hoped :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( They look nice in the bottle though haha

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad its not just me. I was super disappointed with this and I absolutely love Barry M as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen many good reviews of these polishes! Hopefully they will reformulate and rerelease!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x