Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Nouveau talons

Morning! I hope you're having a great week! I've been working on two new collections which are in my Etsy shop now!

Today I'm very excited to show you my second review for FrontCover cosmetics! I have reviewed their dark arts nail art kit before and they have asked me to review their new kit nail art nouveau!

First I'll show you the kit, which comes in this box.


When you open it you all the polishes, tools and decorations are on the right, all set out and labelled and on the left are some pictures and printed instructions for some fab nail art looks!


Under the tools, polishes and decorations is a booklet of instructions to do the looks in various languages with lots of pictures! 


So in this kit you get; topcoat, three polishes - sundancer, mauvelous and cupcake pink. There are also two pots of decorations; pink diamante bows and gold caviar beads. There's  two sets of nail wraps; a gorgeous blue with gold flecks and a lovely dusky pink with purple lace and gold flowers! There's also a nail file, nail glue, dotting sticks and a nail art brush!


First I'll show you the polishes then I'll show you the designs I did with this kit. These pictures show the polish with no topcoat. Also look how fab these bottles are with the lacy caps!

First is a gorgeous gold called sundancer. This is a really nice pale gold, perfect for summer with the sun bouncing off all the shimmer!


Mauvelous is really pretty! It's the kind of purple that would make the most amazing background for My Little Pony nail art!


Cupcake pink is a very bright pink which I've used so much I've now nearly run out! It's perfect for the Spring/Summer designs I've been doing and would look fab as a pedi colour!


First I tried out the wraps, so I painted the nails with two coats of sundancer and then applied the wraps to the pinkies. These wraps were really easy to use. I've tried lots of brands and lots of them seem to wrinkle really easily but these applied much better. I just filed off the excess and used the gloss topcoat over the whole design.


I did this design using everything in the kit! On the right set in this picture I painted the thumb purple and used the nail art brush to draw on gold stripes. I then used the nail glue to apply two of the 3D bows to the middle of the nail. I painted the index fingernail gold and used the nail art brush to paint a purple line across the nail. I then used the nail glue to apply a 3D bow to the middle of the nail. The middle finger I painted pink and then used the dotting tools to dot on little gold flowers. The ring finger is painted purple with no decoration and the pinkie has a pink, lacy wrap applied.


On the right set in this picture I applied a pink, lacy wrap to the pinkie nail and painted the ring finger gold. Then I painted the middle finger purple. I used the gold polish to paint a third of the nail. I made the edge of it wiggly rather than straight and then used the nail art brush to draw a gold wiggly line slightly away from it so there was a purple area in the middle. I then used nail glue to apply caviar beads to the edge of the gold area and along the gold line. The lid of the pot that the caviar beads come in is really good for this because you can work over it and then tip the excess back into the pot! I painted the index finger pink and using the nail art brush painted a purple cross in the middle of the nail. I then painted the thumb gold and then painted gold diagonal lines along one corner at the top and the opposite corner at the bottom.


I finished the design with a coat of the gloss topcoat.


For this design I used the pink and purple polishes and the 3D bows! I kept the pinkies as pink, because they're pinkies ;) On the ring fingers I used the nail art brush to paint a purple line along the cuticle edge on one and I used the dotting tool to put purple dots on the other nail. I used nail glue to apply 3D, diamante bows to the middle nails. On one index finger I used the nail art brush to paint a purple heart and on the other I applied a layer of purple polish over the pink and before it dried I used the nail art brush to paint over it, pulling off some of the purple nail polish, giving it a kind of 'acid wash' effect. On the thumbs I used the nail art brush to paint purple diagonal stripes on one and I did a French manicure on the other! I finished the design with the gloss topcoat.


This is the last design I have to show you! First I painted all the nails with two coats of the purple polish. I then used nail glue and a wax pencil (not in the kit) to apply caviar beads (one at a time!) to the ring fingers. I then dotted pink or gold polish onto alternate nails and when that was dry I used the nail art brush to partially outline all the pink ones in gold and all the gold ones in pink so it had a leopard print effect!


I finished the design with a coat of the gloss topcoat.


I love this kit so part of it will be used in designs I have coming up!

FrontCover cosmetics sell on their website and on QVC. Click here to buy their nouveau nail art kit which is just £25.00!

Be nouveau and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x