Sunday, 21 July 2013

Money at my fingertips

Morning! I hope you had a fab Saturday! I spent mine working, I had to pack 11 orders, draft over 100 Etsy listings and do some nail designs! I think I'll relax today :D I hope you have a great day too!

Today I'm going to show you an 'old money' design I did using four polishes. I used shiny penny by Sally Hansen, gold foil and silver foil by Barry M and an unbranded matte topcoat.


I painted the nails in a pattern of copper, gold then silver. I used two coats of each polish.


When the coloured polish had dried I used one coat of matte topcoat to make it look matte like old money that's lost it's shine.


For some reason the matte polish made the coloured polish 'crack' slightly  but I guess that just adds to the effect!


This is how the design looks with extra light, no shine!


Here you can see how it's 'cracked' and how the matte topcoat seems to have shrunk slightly from the cuticle edge.


This is the finished basic design. I am practising my acrylic moulding so that I can make it 3D like coins and I can then paint another coat of colour over that and re-matte the whole design. I'll show you it when I've done it!


Be rich and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x