Saturday, 10 August 2013

DIY polish

Morning! So excited it's the weekend! Even when I'm spending it working I still get excited! I hope you have a great weekend!

Today I'm going to show you some polish by a new indie polish creator called Hilary. Hilary recently started Nelly Polish and she sells powdered polish (as well as premixed polish) which is a great way to ship polish around the world cost effectively! Hilary sent me two samples to try and I'm going to show you the orange one which is called Polperro!

This is the polish in the sachets! So in the sachet is glitter, pigment, suspension powder and a mixing ball. There was also a label attached to the outside of the sachet. All you need to do is add the powder and mixing ball to a clean, empty nail polish bottle (Hilary does recommend using a new bottle) and then a little at a time add clear nail polish and shake in-between each time you add the clear polish.


I labelled an empty bottle I had first and then made a small funnel with paper and sellotape and added the powdered mix to the bottle.


I then added the mixing ball.



A little at a time I added clear nail polish and shook until the bottle was almost full and then gave it a good shake until it was all mixed up!


People have asked if the glitters and pigment stayed suspended so I left the polish alone for an hour to see what happened and it did sink but after another shake it all mixed back up together!


I applied two coats of the polish to two natural coloured false nails as they're longer than my natural nails so you can see the glitter distribution! 


This is two coats of the polish on my natural nails!


And with topcoat!


I'll have the green polish to show you soon, in the meantime check out Hilary's shop!

Do some DIY and Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

8 comments:

  1. I bought two of these as well because I'm really intrigued, this one and the black one. Very excited for them to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black one looks fab! Can't wait to see pics :)

      Delete
  2. The black looks awesome, might have to invest in a couple of these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Share links/pics if you try them! :D

      Delete
  3. First time I've heard of this :) new follower too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab idea isn't it! Thank you for following :) I'll follow you back x

      Delete
  4. this is such a cool and unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look out for my review of the green one1 I'll do it as soon as I can!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x