Sunday, 29 September 2013

Seashells!

Hi! Yesterday I spent all day making up my extra advent calendars, packing up October's Polish Club parcels and releasing my last Halloween collection! I hope you're having a good weekend :)

Today I have a very exciting post about a new nail art supplier in the UK! Sarah who has recently started SheSellsSeaShells has sent me some of her fab nail art stuff to use and I can't wait to show you it all!

So this is what Sarah sent me (and can I just quickly say how fab her packaging is! there was even seashell tape on the envelope! 


These are very cute bows!


Some amazing cabochons! I've never seen nail art like this so I can't wait to use them!


And finally the embellishments I'm going to show you today, sea shells! These shells are 5mm and come in packs of 10 for £1.50! You can buy them here!


As soon as I saw these shells I though 'mermaids', so I've done some mermaid nail art! To do this i used a blue polish by nails inc called Sheration street, a gold polish by acessorize, acrylic paints, Barry M topcoat, nail glue, the seashells and embellie gellie.


I used two coats of Sheraton Street as the base and then on the index finger of each hand I roughly painted the tip with the accessorize polish. When the polish was dry I used acrylic paints to paint a mermaids face on the thumbs, the sea bed on the index fingers, the top of a mermaid on the middle fingernails, the tummy and start of the tail on the ring fingers and the end of the tails on the pinkie fingers.


I topcoated the design before using nail glue and embellie gellie to apply the seashells as the mermaid's bra.


This is how the mermaid looks altogether!


And a quick close up of the mermaid with her seashell bra! I love these so much! I can't wait to use them in some more designs!


This is the finished design! To get your seashells and Sarah's other fab nail art supplies (I saw neon stuff on there yesterday!) visit her website here! Sarah is so lovely she has also given me a discount code to pass on to you which is 10pp. More of Sarah's stuff will be appearing soon on my blog, as well as the other two things she sent me, I can't wait to stock up on her other stuff!


 Get Nailed in the sea ;)

Tara x


8 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the shells! Can't wait to see the bows they're adorable. Sarah's stuff is so beautiful, and so different to most other stuff out there. Very tempted but I've never played with 3d type nail art before and I'm scared :p lol. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! I'll do something cute with the bows soon! It's amazing isn't it! I definitely need to place an order soon! I'd recommend starting with Sarah's stuff first because of how well it fits to the nail, Danielle at TotallyNailed has also blogged about the shells today and she has a fab picture of how great the sit on the nail and don't stick up loads! x

      Delete
    2. Ah Thanks for the tips :)...I do love how dainty Sarah's stuff is, I work with my hands a lot so anything large is just gonna be annoying lol. X

      Delete
    3. Let me know how you get on if you try them! x

      Delete
  2. I am gonna buy some of these for myself they are fab! the shells are cute. thanks for sharing :)
    http://sassylittlenails37.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I can't wait to see what you do with them! :)

      Delete
  3. OMG I absolutely LOVE these! amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x