Thursday, 10 October 2013

Halloween talons!

Hi! This month is so exciting for me because TarasTalons has been open for 6 months this month, my blog will be a year old, I reached 700 Facebook likes and I've had nearly 500 sales through my Etsy shop so I'll be announcing something exciting soon! I hope you're loving October too!

As we're getting close to halloween I though I would show you my halloween nails finally! I did these using a grey polish by MeMeMe, a dark red polish by technic, a brighter red polish by W7, topcoat and......matches! 


I used two coats of the grey polish as the base coat and then 'splodged' on the darker red polish over the nail to look like old blood. I used my finger to blot it around the nail. 


Then I used matches to burn the end of the nails and used the brighter red polish to add 'fresh blood'!


I topcoated the whole nail and extra along the tip to stop the black part coming off the nail. I photographed these closeups on my nail trainer because I thought the disembodied hand might make it a bit creepier ;)


This is with flash so the 'blood' looks slightly brighter than it really is but you can see the burnt areas better!


I melted some of the sides of the nails as well as the tips :D


This is the finished design! I can't wait to wear them! I'll add a picture when I do!


Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x