Saturday, 5 October 2013

The hunt continues

Hi! I hope you have a fab Saturday! I'm spending mine doing some stuff for future blog posts!

My hunt for a yellow polish which is streak free in two coats continues! The latest one I've tried is Sally Hansen's yellow kitty. I've always loves SH polishes and they're highly pigmented so I thought this would definitely be the one! but it's still streaky! 


This is two coats with no topcoat. It definitely needs three coats but i think maybe two coats of my NYC yellow with one coat of this over the top could give me a nice, bright, streak-free yellow so I'll try that next!


Don't be a yellow-belly, Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

9 comments:

  1. Have you tried using white undies? That's what I do with my Rimmel Sunshine and Barry M Lemon Ice Cream and I never need more than two coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it with this one, I haven't tried the Barry M yellow either so I'll get that one! Thanks :) Think I'll have to accept I need three coats of polish for any yellow whether it's undies and two colour coats or three colour coats!

      Delete
  2. Have you tried using white undies? That's what I do with my Rimmel Sunshine and Barry M Lemon Ice Cream and I never need more than two coats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up a yellow constance carroll on fragrance direct for 50p, and it's actually pretty good. If I was a little more careful, 2 coats would of been enough! I was pretty shocked, but immediately thought of you : ) It's called neon yellow, but it's more sunshine yellow than neon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you come across Revlon-Electric? It's a fabulously bright yellow with a bit of shimmer to it and it goes on really well-two coats for sure with no undies! (I don't know how streak free it is as I tend to use it in Nail Art but it's a faaaab colour!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't but I'll definitely try and track it down and see if it passes the streak test! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Revlon - Electric is on Frgarance Direct for 99p, still in stock, i just checked for you. I bought it a few weeks ago, it's stunning : )

      Delete
    3. Thank you! I'm so scared of venturing on there because I know I'll want so much haha! but I'll be having a look through there at the weekend :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x