Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Smudgy, dabby gradient!

Morning :) Lot's happening this week and I've been doing loads of nail art that I'll be blogging about soon! Hope you're having a great week!

Today I have my third and final (for now) design that I created using my FrontCover Cosmetics newest nail art kit! If you have missed any of my blogs, you can see my full review of it here, my first design here and my second design here. You can also grab your own kit here! (all of their kits make fab Christmas gifts, I usually get at least one of their makeup kits as a gift and I absolutely love them!).

This design was done using 'red shoes' as the base colour. This is a gorgeous orange based red which is amazing for Autumn manis and of course Christmas designs! This is two coats of the polish with no topcoat!


I also used the other two polishes to do this design, ruby resin which is a deep oxblood red and glossy shell which is a gorgeous neutral toffee nude.


First I used ruby resin to do a smudgy gradient at the base of the nail. For the first coat I had barely any polish on the brush at all, then I swiped it over the nail and used my finger to blot it off. I then used slightly more polish and applied it further down towards the base of the nail, again I blotted it slightly with my finger. I then used a third coat with a normal amount of polish and dabbed it along the base of the nail. 

I then used the nude colour and the dotting tools included in the kit to make dots along the top edge of the nail.


This is the finished design including one coat of the topcoat included in the kit (one coat is sufficient to smooth away my finger prints from the dabbing ;)). I can't wait to do this in reverse with the dots along the bottom and the gradient at the tip and to mix the colours around too! 


I'm sure everything from this fab kit will be making more appearances but in the meantime, grab your kit here for only £25! and I'd love to see what you do with it!

Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x